Powered by Blogger.

Amsterdam // Day 3

by - 6:00 pm

Hey everyone,
my last day in the dam. Started off very chilled with only Mayra and myself left in Mechelle's as Lauren and Morgane had left to start their inter-railing trip.


Mayra and myself left Mechelle's with bags in hand as we made our way to Centraal Station to drop my suitcase off at the baggage lockers. I would honestly recommend this if you not leaving Amsterdam till the evening but you can't leave your bags in your hotel or wherever your staying.

 It was €7 for 24 hours for a small suitcase which was cabin sized but you could fit a lot more those lockers if you wanted to. 

Mayra, her friend Ally and myself wandered around for a bit looking for a place to get pancakes for  breakfast. We found a place called Cafe Hans en Grietje, which is 2 canals down from the Rijksmuseum. 


At some point Mayra and Ally had to leave to get their bus, so I was left to wander Centrum until it was time to get my train to the airport. 

I did a bit of shopping in Primark. The view from the top of Primark was insane. I spent 2 hours in there because it had 7 floors. I managed to pick up some souvenirs as well for family and friends.  I rambled around the lanes filled with shops and then grabbed some Dunkin' Donuts before I went to sit at Mayra and I's spot to pass the time.


I wasn't really sure how time consuming it would be to get to the airport and find my way around so I left a bit earlier than normal.

I walked back to the train station and grabbed my suitcase and packed my last few bits and I went to grab a train ticket. I'm pretty sure I went to platform 15a and I kid you not when I first got on the train I was convinced it was the wrong one but I plucked up the courage to ask someone and they said it stopped at the airport so I was relieved. 

Finding my way through the airport was easier than I thought but this was after I found where departures went. It took me so long to find it as to me it wasn't clearly marked anywhere and then I found a map of the airport and that took me 10 mins to decipher. At some point of staring at it, it clicked in my head and only then did I know where to go.  

The staff at the airport that I encountered were extremely nice and I felt so much at ease as a solo traveller. Flew through security and first thing I saw was a Mc Donald's so I made a bee-line for some food. 


My flight was delayed by an hour but I had nowhere to be in Dublin other than my bed so I was okay with it. It felt really good walking through Dublin airport knowing I could do what I did on my own.

 I majority of people hate having to come home from their holidays but for this trip I was glad to come home to what I know and what's the norm for me.  I'm really excited for my next trip away which is in October. I'm heading to Orlando and I'm hoping to document as much of it as possible.









I hope enjoyed reading about my trip to Amsterdam. 
Until next time,
Andi
xxx



You May Also Like

0 comments