Powered by Blogger.

Orlando 2017

by - 6:00 pm


Hey Everyone, 

Its about time that i fill you in on my holiday to Orlando that was back in October. Actually by the time this goes live, I'll have booked to go back in October this year. I just couldn't stay away. To  start the flight was good as a 7 hour flight can be. I had a stop over in Philadelphia going over and coming back. The stop over going over was short but coming home we had a 5 hour stop over which honestly didn't bother me because I had a wander around the duty free area and watched some American Netflix which is like 10 times better than the UK/Ireland one on my iPad. 


We stayed in the Rosen Inn at Pointe Hotel. It was the evening time when I got there, so I grabbed food in the hotel bar and then walked over to Walgreens that was across the road. 





























On our first proper day we went to universal and it was great to see it again. The harry potter part was only being built the last time I was there so I never got to see it till now. I've only seen the first Harry Potter film (I know, I know) and I didn't really know a lot about them but I cant tell you how real it felt, it was on another level, they got everything down to a T. My little cousin got a interactive wand and she could do spells all around Diagon Alley. Even the Hp rides were amazing. One of my favourite moments was walking through to the 9 3/4 platform, where you disappear behind the wall. 


We spent a few days in universal and islands of Adventure. I met the Grinch which was a highlight of my holiday. I love the photos I got, Their so cute. 


I done a ton of shopping as well, it was so nice strolling through the outlets with the sun warming us up. I did buy a few too many pairs of converse. I just couldn't help it.

I was sad that I never made it to Magic Kingdom in Disney but the timing was never right but it's on my list for this year. I refuse to leave Orlando this time without going. 

I done a helicopter ride with my dad and brother and it flew us by Universal and omg the view was stunning, I couldn't get over it. I was really happy I done it. We also done the Orlando Eye, I made my family do this and while they all agreed, I could tell my mam regretted it as soon as the door to the pod was shut. We done it in the evening time so it was dark and I was taken back when I saw all the city lights, I could also see the fireworks from Disney and I almost cried with happiness. I am definitely going to do it again when I go back.



I have to say that i massively struggled with the food over there. Between Jet lag and the huge portion sizes, i found it impossible to eat. I did however have no problem drinking Starbucks. I also when to the Florida mall to see Carlo's Bakery. I've always  loved Cake Boss, I've even had dreams of working there so i dragged my mam and auntie with me so i could see it as its as close as i'm gonna get to the original one in hoboken, new jersey for a good  while. 


Some nights I would swimming because i wasn't around during the day. But i found it better to swim at night as it was quieter and there was never anyone around plus it felt like a little treat after spending the day in the park or out shopping.

I am prone to getting sun burnt very easily with or without sunscreen but I don't know how i managed to 10 days in the (very) Sunny state of Florida without coming home like a lobster.  

So I guess that's it. If you have any questions or recommendations for places to eat or things to do for when i go back again in October, please comment I'd really appreciate it.















-Andi 



You May Also Like

0 comments