Powered by Blogger.

Lourdes Experience

by - 5:00 pm

Hello lovelies, 

So if you seen not my last blog post but the one before that then you know that last week I flew to Lourdes with the Dublin Diocese for 5 days. I came home on Monday feeling like a different person. I'm in no way a religious person but I felt like you didn't need to be in order to enjoy everything around you over there. 


It was such an incredible experience and I couldn't recommend it enough to you. I got to form a special bond with some of the pilgrims that can never be broken. It was really sad having to say goodbye to them at the airport. I made so many new friends and also reunited with some old friends so that was a nice bonus. 



If you have heard about the famous 'Baths' where you come out dry, I got the opportunity to experience and it was definitely something extraordinary. I was beyond nervous before I went in  but the girls in there made me feel so comfortable and relaxed. Little warning though: The water is freezing. I got the shock of my life when I stepped in. 


I obviously got to see the grotto and I was stunned. I've heard my family talk about Lourdes and the grotto numerous times but to be there in person soaking it in is incredible. 


 I was there with my school as where a lot of other schools so we had a table quiz one night and we were all mixed up and that was a great way to get to know the other helpers from the other schools and another night there was a sing song in one of the hotels and the atmosphere there was so great. Everyone was having so much fun and not having a care in the world for a few hours. 


 Here are some more pictures I took.. 



















          




                                                          

I hope you enjoyed this post. 

If you have any questions about Lourdes or my experience over there, don't be afraid to ask. 

Until next time, 
Andi xxx




You May Also Like

0 comments